Former Family First candidate Cheryl Kaminski will be running for the seat of Giles for Cory Bernadi's Australian Conservatives in the state election.
The Whyalla News reports Ms Kaminski, who lives in Whyalla, said she would be advocating for better health services, money spent to address the backlog of road maintenance and better communication between the government and the people of Giles.
She has a history working in the banking and building industries and as a swimming instructor with the education department. Ms Kaminiski currently works as an office Manager/Personal Assistant.
If elected, Ms Kaminski will push for the following:
- Equal health care and mental health care for regional South Australians.
- Returning revenue (35% mining royalties) to regional areas through Australian Conservatives Royalties for Regions policy.The money would be invested in services and infrastructure throughout the region.
- Right to Farm Legislation.
- Funding for mobile phone blackspots.
- Restoring 110 kph speed limit on rural roads - and improvements in road infrastructure and maintenance.
- Improving curriculum performances and outcomes in education for . our students.
- Better interaction between government and the people of Giles.
Australian Conservatives MLC Robert Brokenshire who is the Australian Conservatives Upper House candidate said Cheryl is passionate about her area and country South Australia.
"Australian Conservatives is a true party for country people," he said.
"Our policies are very much focused on putting services in the regions, making sure people have equitable access to health services and mental health services.
"For the past nine years we were the only party promising a Royalties for Regions policy. We have a plan for this state including protecting farmers' rights. Our plan for South Australia does not begin and end in the CBD of Adelaide."
Share this important information with your family, friends and mates - Like Australian Conservatives on Facebook to stay updated.