"It’s no longer a laughing matter that cattle and sheep farts are one way that global warming alarmists and emission-taxers claim the planet is dying," writes Conservative Party South Australian Senate candidate Rikki Lambert.
Writing in regional South Australian newspapers, Rikki outlined that beyond the bulldust lay the facts:
- Since federation, Australia’s cattle herd grew from 10 million to 25 million.
- The mouths in the world to feed grew 4 ½ times from 1.6 billion to 7.2 billion today.
- Yet, since 1970, Australia's cattle herd has declined from 32 ½ million.
- Remarkably, the national sheep herd is back to Federation levels. From a 1900 base of 70 million, it rose to 180 million by 1970 but fell rapidly, particularly since 1988, back below 70 million.
- So, Australian livestock numbers have already reduced significantly over the alarmists’ ‘warming period’.
"With an unchecked and flatulent feral camel herd in excess of 1 million, before the Greens thin the herd, they should cull some ferals first," the SA senate candidate said.
To subscribe to Conservative Party leader Cory Bernardi's free, weekly podcast, click here.
To donate to the Conservative Party, click here.
To join the Conservatives, click here.
Share this important information with your family, friends and mates - Like Australian Conservatives on Facebook to stay updated.