One year ago today, South Australian Senator Cory Bernardi founded the Australian Conservatives in Adelaide. In the 12 months since, the party has gained thousands of members across all states and territories and rocked the political malaise with common sense, principled policies.
Since its inception, the Australian Conservatives has:
- Stopped government plans to sign an extradition treaty with China.
- Exposed inappropriate Chinese influence in Australian politics with national security laws to be introduced to parliament this year.
- Built the case for axing $1 billion in annual car taxes as our car industry ceased to exist.
- Pushed for income and corporate tax cuts to ease cost-of-living pressures and increase Australia’s global competitiveness.
- Promoted the case for a pay freeze for all federal politicians until our budget is back in surplus.
- Encouraged the consideration of nuclear energy in Australia’s energy mix.
- Made the case to dump the radical gender indoctrination program ‘Safe Schools’, something state governments and oppositions have now embraced.
- Been the only party holding strong on its policy not to redefine marriage.
- Consistently campaigned for free speech reform, after ham-fisted government attempts to ‘fix’ 18C.
- Exposed the lies told about the citizenship crisis and continually called for parliament to be prorogued until that crisis is resolved.
- Fought to save Australia Day, exposing the hateful Greens rhetoric that Australia was ‘invaded’.
- Recruited sitting members of state parliaments from SA and Victoria to join our parliamentary team.
- Tabled motions exposing Labor, the Greens and NXT hostility and even internal divisions within the Coalition – towards conservative initiatives.
Celebrate the start of a better way with the Australian Conservatives. Look at our action plan today…
Share this important information with your family, friends and mates - Like Australian Conservatives on Facebook to stay updated.