On 7 February 2017, Senator Cory Bernardi launched Australian Conservatives (aka the Conservative Party) and the elites across politics, the media and entertainment industry are shell-shocked. Australian Conservatives has shaken the political establishment and Canberra Bubble with principled, policy solutions that bring back efficacy, responsibility, civility and common sense.
Accelerate Australia’s fastest growing political movement today by spreading the word about what we have achieved – for example, Australian Conservatives have:
- stopped the government’s plans to sign an extradition treaty with China - and further exposed inappropriate Chinese influence in Australian politics, resulting in a tougher approach on national security
- built the case for axing $1 billion in annual car taxes designed to protect a no-longer-existent car industry
- campaigned for further income and corporate tax cuts to ease cost-of-living pressures and maintain Australia’s global competitiveness
- dragged the government back from further tax-and-spend, Labor-lite budgets like that unwisely delivered by the Turnbull-Morrison government in May 2017 (the 2017-18 Budget)
- built the case for a pay freeze for senators and MPs until the budget is back in surplus, seeing PM Morrison adopt our term “Burst the Canberra Bubble”
- pushed for nuclear energy to be considered in Australia’s energy mix, something none of the Liberal, National or Greens parties want anything to do with (bar this one green shoot), despite Australia’s abundant uranium reserves, dwindling baseload power supply and nuclear’s zero-carbon profile
- defended traditional marriage and made the case for dumping the radical gender indoctrination program of “Safe Schools” – a step that state governments and oppositions have now embraced
- campaigned from the get-go for comprehensive free speech reform, highlighting the string of 18C cases in the process – eg Bolt, Leak and the QUT students
- ensured the government did not sign up to the UN’s Global Compact for Migration
- fought the Greens head-on to save Australia Day, exposing the hateful rhetoric that Australia was ‘invaded’ and taking on a leftist music industry with our own #AC100 playlist
- tabled bills to ban the burqa and stop the halal certification scam (the only party to do so and persist), and
- called out foreign aid being used to fund terrorist organisations.
Take action this February 7 and celebrate the start of a better way for Australia by:
- subscribing for updates from Australian Conservatives
- becoming a member or renewing your membership for another year
- Liking & Sharing Australian Conservatives posts on social media, and/or
- reflecting on a year of common sense politics by watching videos on our Youtube channel.
Share this important information with your family, friends and mates - Like Australian Conservatives on Facebook to stay updated.